Autumn Series 2 - Woodbank / Vernon Park
Park Score event.
Sat 03rd Oct 2020
Type of event: Local, Score
Info updated: 03rd Oct
Pre Event Info
Please note that as a condition for granting permission, face coverings MUST be worn when queuing to pay.
Entries are now closed.
Everyone MUST pre-register using the MDOC Registration System https://mdocentry.org.uk/
Everyone will be allocated a specific start time
Payment is by contactless card at ‘Registration’ on the day.
Please arrive in time to pay before your start and return to vehicle until nearer start time
No congregating near ‘Registration’ or download before or after running
Social distancing rules will apply
There is no EOD (Entry on the Day)
Go straight to download after Finish - no congregating
REMEMBER to download even if you retire
Three courses are available:
a Yellow course (2.6k)
a 45min Score event
a 45min Technical Score event for the more experienced where controls must be visited alternately either ODD, EVEN, ODD ... or EVEN, ODD, EVEN ...
e.g.. 501, 560, 537… etc. or 510, 515, 504… etc.
The choice is yours, but you will need to plan your strategy
10 points for each correct control but 5 points deducted for every minute or part of minute late.
MDOC Registration System brief notes
- If you have not previously registered then you need to register, so that we have Track and Trace information as well other essential details.
- You will be given a unique ID number for future use. Please remember it. (You will also get an email confirmation.)
- Then simply enter by selecting the event, choosing the course and then choosing one of the available 10min time slices.
- You will then be allocated a specific start time within that time slice which will be confirmed by email.
- We are not using start blocks.
You should NOT attend this orienteering event if:
1. You are unwell with a cough, fever or other Covid-19 symptoms.
2. You have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 during the prescribed quarantine period, even if they are completely symptom free.
3. You have returned from any overseas country and completing the self-quarantine period for 14 days, even if you are symptom free.
4. You are undergoing COVID-19 testing for suspected Coronavirus.
5. You have been advised to stay at home by a health professional.
We also advise competitors who fit within the higher at risk groups to take particular care and/or make decisions on attendance with due consideration to the risks associated with COVID-19.
Nearest town: Stockport
- Grid Ref: SJ908899
- Postcode: SK1 4BN
- Latitude: 53.40653
- Longitude: -2.13851
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Car Park Entrance signed from Littlemoor Lane adjacent to the Woodbank Community Centre, Turncroft Lane SK1 4BN.
There is a height and width restriction to the car park so large vehicles will need to park nearby. (precise height and width in final details)
Registration & Start Times
Pre-registration essential, via the MDOC Registration System - see above.
Entries will close at midnight Thursday 1st October.
Fee: Adult £4/Junior £2. Free SI-dibber hire (but £30 if not returned)
Starts: Between 10.30 and 12.30 (as pre-allocated by MDOC Registration System)
Courses close at 13:15.
Final details will be sent to participants nearer the time reminding them of their obligations with respect to safe orienteering in a COVID environment.
These can be found on the British Orienteering Website.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Chris Rostron 01663 764799
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.