Autumn Series 4 - Longford Park
2-part Sprint event. Also White and Yellow for novices.
Sat 10th Dec 2022
Type of event: Local, Sprint
Type of terrain: Parkland
Info updated: 11th Dec
Provisional results & splits now available ...
Any queries, please email ...
Pre Event Info
This Autumn Series event will offer the following options :-
- a 2-part Sprint event
- a White course
- a Yellow course
Nearest town: Stretford
- Grid Ref: SJ808943
- Postcode: M21 9TA
- Latitude: 53.44568
- Longitude: -2.29088
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A5145, 2.5 km from M60 Junction 7.
Registration & Start Times
Please pre-register using the MDOC Registration System https://mdocentry.org.uk. This will guarantee a map is available for you.
Online entry closing date: Thursday 8th December
Limited EOD, subject to map availability
Registration/payment from 10:15 to 11:45. Starts 10:30 to 12:30. All courses close at 13:15.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £4.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Pay on the day. Contactless card payment preferred. Collect hire SI cards if necessary.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Chris Rostron 01663 764799
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.