Finland 100 - Classic Event - Lyme
Suomi Finland 100 Festival of Orienteering
Classic orienteering in this historic country estate owned by the National Trust, featuring deer park, ancient woodland and open moor.
Sat 14th Oct 2017
Type of event: District-(C)
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 15th Oct
Pre Event Info
- Finland100 Final Details as a PDF (11/10/2017)
In the car park.
Suitable bad weather clothing may be compulsory. Whistles must be carried. Lone runners please leave car keys at Registration.
SI (non-contactless) timing will be used.
Nearest town: Disley, Stockport
- Grid Ref: SJ964823
- Postcode: SK12 2NR
- Latitude: 53.33812
- Longitude: -2.05699
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
The park is signed from A6 just west of Disley village. Follow main drive 1 mile to Car Park. £8 per car (NT members free).
If you intend to use public transport then please inform the coordinator at .
Train: Disley station (Manchester Piccadilly to Buxton line). 4km walk to Assembly.
Bus: 199 from Airport or Stockport Bus Station towards Buxton. 2km walk from bus stop to Assembly.
(From Manchester Centre get train or bus to Stockport and then walk to Bus Station)
We hope to be able to provide some transport from at least the car park Kiosk at the entrance to the park i.e. 2km from Assembly.
Registration & Start Times
Starts: 11:00 to 13:00
Course lengths/climb subject to final controlling.
|Course||No||Suggested Mens Classes||Suggested Womens Classes||Length (km)||Climb (m)|
|Blue||2||M45+, M18-||W21, W35+||6.3||220|
|Light Green||5||M14, Novice Adult||W14, Novice Adult||3.5||95|
|White||8||Novice Junior||Novice Junior||1.6||25|
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre-enter online via Fabian4 www.fabian4.co.uk.
Cheap entries close midnight Sunday 8th October. All entries close Wednesday 11th October.
If you can't use Fabian4 for any reason then contact the Finland100 coordinator
Seniors £8 (up to 8th Oct), Juniors and Students: £4
Adult Novice £4 (Light Green, Orange, Yellow or White courses only)
SI cards are available to hire @ £1 per day for Adults (free for Juniors). Lost cards £30.00.
Entries after Sunday 8th October will incur a £1 surcharge per Senior.
Online entries close midnight Wednesday October 11th.
There will be a £2 fee for any changes to pre-entries after Wednesday October 11th.
EOD will be accepted subject to availability of maps.
Parkland and Open Moorland rising from about 200m to 400m.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Jan Ellis
Planner: Trevor Hindle
Controller: Alan Ogden
Co-ordinator: Chris Rostron , Tel. 01663 764799
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.