MDOC Night Event - Heaton Park
Part of the North West Night League 2023/24
Sat 27th Jan 2024
Type of event: Local, Night
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 27th Nov
Pre Event Info
Back-up lamp and whistle compulsory. Mobile phone strongly recommended. Registration, Start and Finish within 100m of car park.
More details later ...
Nearest town: Prestwich, North Manchester
- Grid Ref: SD830045
- Postcode: M25 2SW
- Latitude: 53.53808
- Longitude: -2.25768
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Car park is off St Margarets Road, off A665, south of M60 jn 17.
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 17:00 to 18:30
Starts: 17:30 to 18:45
Courses: Orange, Green and Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Seniors (M/W21+) £6.00
Juniors (M/W20-) £3.00
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Chris Rostron 01663 764799 or 07929 516649 on the night
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.