Night Street League 7 - Alderley Edge
Event #7 of the Night Street League Series 2016-17
Final results, plus 'Lost and Found' ...
Thu 02nd Feb 2017
Type of event: Local, Night, Street
Type of terrain: Urban
Info updated: 05th Feb
Please check your results carefully for spelling/club/age group/correct timing and score, and let us know asap of any errors. If your score is not what you were expecting, and you don't feature in the wrong-answers list, one of us has made a mistake.
Don't forget that if you can't make a particular event, you can get the map and questions from Grahame , and run by yourself before or after the day, and have your score included.
The following people have had points awarded after review:
+10 in part 1 to Elizabeth, Rob and Ray @ #16
+20 in part 2 to Iain Bell @ #28
#10 (14) - Martin Smith 10
#14 (09) - Laura Hindle 00
#16 (35) - Lisa Bloor 12, Elspeth Gibson 29
#22 (5) - Chris Cannon 7
#30 (75) - Vicky McKinnon 15
#31 (2) - Vicky McKinnon 3, Julie Laverock, Mark Eastman 5
#42 (35) - Sharon Jones, Roger Ashby 1A
#46 (5) - Adam Neale 1, Rachel Munday P, Leon Foster, Dennis Kentrop 4
#49 (99) - Rob Taylor, Louise Veasey, Barbara Verity 00
#50 (21) - James Verity 5E9 ?
#51 (16) - Adam Neale 33, Fiona Kenley 14, James Verity 15
#57 (3) - Trevor Longman 4
#60 (OX) - Ray Humphreys OS
#62 (3C) - Sharon Jones, Vicky McKinnon, David Wathey, Louise Veasey, Dennis Kentrop 1C
#63 (2) - Sharon Jones 3
#65 (4) - Roger Ashby, Rik Griffin, Tony Hulme, Tom Disney 1, Simon Proud, Fiona Kenley, Neil Murphy 2
#67 (25) - Elizabeth Embrey 00
Routegadet GPS Notes
If you did both parts, you will need to split your gps track into two at the map exchange (53.3007, -2.2340). This will also allow you to get an accurate split time. The second part will need to dragged into position.
Lost and Found
A pair of Hoka trainers was spotted on the kerb of Beaufort drive which was used for parking at the event. It looks like they were accidentally left by one of the runners.
If they are yours and you'd like them back, contact Dave McCann. After a few weeks they will be binned as unfortunately they don't fit me.
Pre Event Info
Venue: The Drum & Monkey, Moss Rose, Alderley Edge SK9 7LD
Register 6.00 to 7.00pm. Starts 6.30 to 7.30pm. Fee £3/£1.50.
Score event with 40 minute, 60 minute or 75 minute time limit. Under 16s MUST be accompanied by an adult. 16 and 17 year olds can compete alone but ONLY with written consent from parent/guardian. Lights essential (+ back-up). High-visibility clothing compulsory.
Further information on the format and event schedule, including tips for beginners, can be found on the Night Street League Series 2016-17 page.
Kate and Dave (mappers and planners) have provided the following information:
We are expecting a larger than usual entry this week and the registration area will be very busy.
In view of this we are taking this opportunity to give you some additional advance information about safety, the event and, in particular, car parking arrangements.
'Wilmslow Running Club' have made their own arrangements and will be parking at the Festival Hall.
To minimise traffic congestion, everyone else has been allocated to parking in one of 2 areas (see below) which are 1 mile apart by road but very close to the pub - see diagram on right hand side (click to enlarge).
Please use the post codes to navigate to your assigned area.
- Pre-registered surnames beginning A-G will use the pub car park (SK9 7LD) (only 20 spaces reserved for orienteering) and when this is full you will be directed to Moss Road (SK9 7JA).
- Everyone else, including competitors who have not pre-registered, MUST park in Beaufort Close (SK9 7HU) / Devonshire Drive (SK9 7HT).
There will be an O-kite hanging at the back gate to the Drum and Monkey in Beaufort Close.
Please make sure you do not block residents' access to their properties.
Please drive carefully as runners will be using both of these areas to leave and return to the pub.
Registration will be upstairs in the pub.
Pre-ordered Food will be served downstairs between 19:30 and 21:00 in exchange for a cloakroom ticket purchased at registration. There is a food menu available at the pub but they will be hard-pressed to provide hot food for everyone who hasn't pre-ordered.
Hazards There will be large scale hazard maps on display in the registration area. Pay attention to
- Busy roads in the centre of the village and note the location of the 4 light-controlled crossing points.
- Main roads with no footpath on one side.
- Railway crossing points. The station platforms and foot bridge are OOB.
- Unlit paths and in particular, low overhanging trees on one path which are shown on the map and will be marked with fluorescent tapes.
- Cobbled roads, often steep, which will be slippery in wet weather.
- The map is 1:10000.
- The course is divided into 2 parts with a 60:40 split in distance, controls and the points available on each part.
- There are 60 controls with point values of 10 to 60 distributed pro-rata.
- There are separate maps for each part but the clue sheets for part 1 and 2 are printed back-to-back on a single sheet.
- There is no obligation to visit the map exchange but if you do you must exchange your part 1 map for a part 2 map.
- The location of the start/finish and the map exchange are shown on both maps and on the hazard map at registration.
- There will be a penalty of 1 point per 2 seconds (30 points per minute) if you are late back at the finish.
- We are indebted to Alderley Edge Methodist Church for permission to use their grounds for the Map Exchange.
- There are 2 other activities using the church at the same time as our event. This will mean vehicles and pedestrians entering and leaving the church premises at certain times
- They will have been warned of our presence and to take care.
- We too should show mutual respect to them.
- If you have an accident, please inform the Event Organiser.
- The Emergency Number is shown on the Map and on the Clue Sheet.
- The nearest A & E Department is in Macclesfield. Post Code SK10 3BL.
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref: SJ849787
- Postcode: SK9 7LD
- Latitude: 53.30491
- Longitude: -2.22835
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Grahame Crawshaw (0145 786 6264; mob 0758 720 6420)
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.