Night Street League 8 - Wilmslow
Event #8 of the Night Street League Series 2014-15
Read on for Marker's Comments and Planners Notes ...
Thu 19th Feb 2015
Type of event: Local, Night, Street
Type of terrain: Urban
Info updated: 17th Mar
Planner/Organisers - Dave & Kate Bryant
Checker - Ian Gilliver
Wrong answers not accepted were #32 Paul Hunt, #40 David Morris, #46 James Verity, #49 Julian Brown, #53 Connor Smith, #62 Olaf Frank.
For future reference …
- the dots are carefully placed and should tell you exactly where to look - in particular which side of the road. We try to be reasonably generous with the marking, but you have an obligation to navigate to the dot first. Most not-accepted answers are people answering the question from the wrong place.
- if you think you're in the right place and can't see the answer, write something down and move on. Mistakes do occasionally happen, and even street furniture sometimes gets changed while we're not looking.
Unfortunately two controls caused problems on the night, for which we apologise !!
Number 57 had been 'H on LP' up until the last check 2 weeks ago. Sadly the LP in question has since been replaced with a smart new one - without the 'H'. Luckily this was in a very definite position, on a bend and just between 2 adjacent roads, so should have enabled the confident to not waste too much time.
Number 32, 'No of Bike Racks'. On this one we take responsibility for not noticing the 'other' 3 bike racks right by the library door, and accept that as these were only about 10m away from the intended 6 small racks, that competitors would be justified in choosing either. So any multiple of 3 has been accepted. However, we had actually placed photos of the 2 sorts of bike racks used in our clues at registration, and these 3 were a different sort.
Many thanks to :
- Ian G who, as well as doing the routine map and control checking and being an excellent advisor, also stood in as Pre-Entry Coordinator, and on-the-night Inside Organiser.
- Mike G & Tim H for forfeiting their runs to take on the massive task of Registration, Download and Answer-Sheet Checking.
- John, the manager of The Old Dancer, for making the upstairs facilities available for us, opening the upstairs bar, and providing a lovely buffet at a very reasonable price.
- All the usual suspects working away behind the scenes : Steve L for printing maps, Julie B for masterminding the SI system and website guru, Eddie S for doing the Routegadget and John B for staying up most of the night preparing the results !
- All you competitors for turning out on an unpleasant rainy evening !
Kate & Dave Bryant
Pre Event Info
The Old Dancer, 16 Grove Street, Wilmslow SK9 1DR www.theolddancer.co.uk
Register 6.00 to 7.00pm. Starts 6.30 to 7.30pm. Fee £3/£1.50.
Please contact Grahame beforehand to reserve your map and indicate whether or not you plan to eat.
Further details on the Night Street League 2014-15 page.
Nearest town: Wilmslow
- Grid Ref: SJ846811
- Postcode: SK9 1DR
- Latitude: 53.32712
- Longitude: -2.23126
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Grahame Crawshaw 01457 866264
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.