Summer Evening Event - Teggs Nose Country Park
Lost Property: A pair of specs in a Boots spec case were found near a control.
Thu 30th Apr 2015
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Moorland
Info updated: 01st May
A pair of specs in a Boots spec case were found near a control.
Organiser: Jan Ellis
Planner: Dave McCann
Controller: Dave Mawdsley
Series Co-ordinator: Alison Doyle
Pre Event Info
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and experienced orienteers.
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ949732
- Postcode: SK11 0AP
- Latitude: 53.25637
- Longitude: -2.07604
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A537 at the east of Macclesfield. Parking meter. Registration in Visitor Centre
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17.30. Starts 18.00 - 19.00.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fee: Seniors £5 / Juniors £2. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
On leads in Car Park only
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Alison Doyle 0161 366 5175
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.