MDOC member benefits include:
- MDOC members receive an EXCLUSIVE £1 discount per person at ALL MDOC local events* from 1 Jan 2024. A potential saving of up to £20-£30 per person per year.
*This includes Saturday morning events, Night Street League events, and Spunch events. Typically about 30 such local events per year.
A FREE starter pack of 6 printed waterproof maps of local permanent (anytime) orienteering courses posted to you as soon as you join.....plus access to more....
FREE copies of both waterproof printed maps and PDFs of up to 50 other local areas where there are permanent (anytime) orienteering courses for you and your friends and families to enjoy at your leisure. Including such areas as Lyme Park, Alderley Edge, Sale Water Park, Bramhall Park along with many other beautiful Countryside Parks, Woodlands and formal parklands to explore at a time to suit you. A great opportunity for a run or walk in a new place, and at a huge saving in price for MDOC members.
- FREE entry to team events when representing the club (Relay Events and and the annual UK-wide Club Cup competition)
- Access to the MDOC members-only Email, Facebook, Strava & WhatsApp groups
- Free navigation & technique coaching at MDOC events and dedicated training / coaching sessions
- Free access to training in Course Planning, Mapping, Event Organisation, Event Safety, First Aid and Coaching courses (OCAD / OOMapper, Condes/PurplePen, MapRun, Si Timing & Results etc.)
- Opportunity for juniors to progress into regional & national talent squads & teams
- Opportunity to attend members-only Club nights, training sessions, and social events
- Opportunity to join MDOC trips, weekends away and multi-day events held throughout the UK & Europe. Many of our members attend regular events in the Lake District, Wales, Scotland and overseas. The @MDOChub gazebo provides a social hub (and shelter!) for club members at bigger gatherings.
In addition, as a member of the national federation (British Orienteering) you also get the following benefits:
- Opportunity to compete at the member-only British Championship events (Classic, Middle, Sprint, Relays, JK)
- Inclusion in national ranking lists (age 16+) and other national leagues
- Discounts on entry fees at some larger events
- Discounts at various retailers
Click HERE to join now: