Please contact the MDOC Map Librarian, Eddie Speak, to obtain the latest map. Please do not use old maps for planning.
If you need to make any updates to a map, and you have sufficient OCAD skills to do it yourself, you can borrow a club laptop to do it. The spreadsheet below shows available dates. Please contact Eddie or Julie (email ) to book a slot.
Forms and guidance documents
- Risk Assessment Form
- Accident Report Form
- MDOC Local Events - Notes for planners and organisers Summer 2021
- MDOC Local Events - Notes for planners and organisers Spring 2020
- MDOC Local Events - Notes for planners and organisers Autumn 2019
- MDOC Stores Inventory (July 2021)
- Guidance from SOA with regard to Orienteering events on FC Land
- Registration Slips v6
- MDOC Traditional Start Procedure
- MDOC Open Start Procedure
- MDOC Accident and Incident Guidelines
- MDOC Code of Conduct for Club Officials and Volunteers
- British Orienteering - Proof of Insurance 2021
- British Orienteering - FAQ's (2019)
- MDOC Insurance Information 2020
- MDOC Equipment Insurance Policy 2019-2020
- MDOC Insurance - All risks form
Event Safety & Welfare Workshop Handbook
- 2016 Event Safety Workshop Handbook as a PDF
- 2016 Event Safety Workshop - NSL Case Study as an Addendum
This is an unofficial Handbook which sets out much of the content of the Event Safety & Welfare Workshop last run for MDOC by Ian Gilliver on 1 February 2016, and it has been uploaded in response to requests from some club members.
However, please note that the latest versions of the standard Risk Assessment Form and the Accident Report Form should always be downloaded from the BOF website.
Also, please note that the Handbook is not a substitute for attendance at a Safety & Welfare Workshop, which from 1 January 2017 will become a requirement for Organisers, Planners and Controllers of all orienteering events (i.e. Levels A, B, C and D).
Useful information on the British Orienteering website
- British Orienteering Rules and Guidelines
- Event Checklists for organisers, planners and controllers
- Advice on planning white courses - Thanks to Barry Elkington
- Advice on planning yellow courses - Thanks to Barry Elkington
- Advice on planning orange courses - Thanks to Barry Elkington
- Advice on planning light green courses - Thanks to Barry Elkington
- Advice on planning green-black courses - Thanks to Barry Elkington
- Graham Nilsen's Course Planning Guide (First published in 1995 and updated in 2006) (NOTE: File is 2MB)
Other useful information
- National Orienteering Centre / How-to / Condes for course planning - a User Guide for version 9 of Condes