The Membership Fee consists of two parts: British Orienteering and MDOC Club membership. (The club is also affiliated to the North West Orienteering Association, but the club pays your NWOA affiliation fee.)
The fees for 2023 are:
Seniors who have not been a member of British Orienteering for the last 3 years, will receive complimentary club membership for the first year (i.e. Total Fee £15)
For families the membership fee will be made up of the sum of the parts. E.g. A family containing two senior and one junior members will be charged a British Orienteering Membership Fee of £35 (2 Senior members at £15 + 1 Junior member at £5).
Club membership fees are calculated in the same way as the British Orienteering fees i.e. the sum of the parts - £10 per Senior, Juniors free.
Membership runs from the 1st January to the 31st December each year. New members joining after 1st November will receive membership until 31st December of the following year, i.e. you get two free months.
How to join
To join Manchester & District Orienteering Club you can either:
Follow this link to British Orienteering - Join MDOC, select the appropriate membership grade and follow the instructions to join online
Download and print our Membership form, fill it in and send the completed form to the Membership Secretary (with a cheque payable to British Orienteering for the appropriate amount)
If you need any help with your application or you have any other questions about getting involved please contact our Membership Secretary
Benefits of becoming a Member of British Orienteering
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the championship classes at the British Championships, the JK and the Area Championships (Northern; Midlands and Southern)
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
- Eligibility to compete in the Harvester Relays
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
Inclusion in the national ranking list (Seniors only)
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Access to a members only section of the website
In addition the Club provides:
- A regular programme of events, including Summer evening, Saturday morning and Winter evening Street events
- Opportunity to participate in club training and social events
Access to our email information service
Renewing your membership
Towards the end of each year you will receive a renewal notice from British Orienteering for subsequent year’s membership.
Details of how to renew can be found on the British Orienteering - Renew your membership page. You can also opt to pay by Direct Debit.
In addition to the above we also offer a Friends of MDOC membership. This is mainly for non-active orienteers or those who are full members of other clubs. They will receive copies of the club newsletter and details of fixtures and social events.
Friend of MDOC: £5
If you would like to join as a Friend of MDOC, please contact the Membership Secretary.
See other entries Categorised under: Club Info