Provisional League Details ... to be confirmed
This will be our tenth series of events. The program has 4 conventional paper-based events and 4 MapRun events (which - as always - will have a paper-based backup for those who prefer it).
In July, BOF issued a set of guidelines and a Code of Conduct for a Covid-safe return to orienteering, and it will come as no surprise that our arrangements will be substantially different from previous years.
- BOF Code of Conduct for a Covid-safe return to orienteering
- MDOC NSL Safety Notice for the 2020/21 season
How we will operate
Most events will run from Car Parks, so unfortunately, we shall lose many of the enjoyable social aspects of our previous pub-based venues.
Registration and Pre-entry
You MUST pre-enter the events, by visiting the MDOC Registration System (at https://mdocentry.org.uk). Entries will close 3 days before the event. There will be NO entry on the night.
If you have not already done so, you need to register on the system, so that we have your essential details - including Track and Trace information. On registration, you will be given a unique ID number. Remember it for future use - you will get an email confirmation.
Then enter the event by selecting it, choosing the course (40 min, 60 min or 75 min) and choosing one of the available 10-minute time slices.
You will be allocated a specific start time within that time slice - this will also be confirmed by email. If you do not have your own dibber, you will be allocated one of our hire dibbers.
- You must remember your start time, and adhere to it - do not assume that you can turn up at the Start at any time (you may face a long (and isolated!) wait) OR that you can start early. It may not be possible.
- If you plan to run as a pair, you both need to register and enter on the system, and then add a note to your entries in the Comments box, saying who you are running with.
- If you decide that you want to run a different course on the night - that's OK, so long as you let us know before you run. You cannot change course once you have started.
Fees and payment
All adults will pay £4; all juniors and students will pay £2; everyone will receive a map, but question sheets may be shared (so a pair will receive 2 maps and pay £8; a parent + child will receive 2 maps and pay £6).
- Payment will be by contactless card at "Mission Control" on the night. Please arrive in time to pay before your start, and return to your vehicle until nearer your start time.
- After payment, you will be directed to collect a Question / Answer (Q/A) sheet, and a dibber (if required). Please write your name and dibber number on the Q/A sheet (important for matching up the download slip with your completed Q/A sheet after finishing).
Start / Finish
- Please ensure that you are at the Start for your allocated start time.
- On finishing, return to download (at Mission Control), download your time, hand in your Q/A sheet, and leave your hired dibber in the receptacle provided.
(Clicking the Map name will take you to the individual Event page for information on parking etc.)
|Tue 12th Jan 2021||Poynton||tba|
|Thu 28th Jan 2021||Wilmslow (MapRun)||tba|
|Tue 9th Feb 2021||Congleton (MapRun)||tba|
|Thu 25th Feb 2021||Cheadle Hulme||tba|
|*Tue 9th Mar 2021||Chapel / Whaley Bridge||tba|
* Street League Cup Final (Prize-giving) Event
- a high visibility top (you will not be allowed to start without one, and we have a few available to borrow)
- dibber (available to borrow if you don't have your own)
- pen / pencil (maps and answer sheets will be printed on waterproof paper)
- torch / head torch
- compass (optional)
- a backup light and a whistle (or an alternative means of summoning attention / assistance)
NB A mobile phone with a torch app would serve as a backup light AND a means of summoning assistance.
Series co-ordinator: Grahame Crawshaw (0145 786 6264; mob 0758 720 6420)
See other entries Categorised under: News