Manchester and District Orienteering Club
Spring Series Event at Sale Water Park
I must start with an apology to Valerie Thomas, the owner of Priory Nursery, which lies on the southern perimeter of the Sale Water Park map, for those Orange Course competitors who took a short-cut across her fields, potentially distressing her horses and/or causing damage to fences. I have written to Mrs Thomas personally to apologise.
While I acknowledge an opportunity to take a short-cut presented itself between controls 3 and 4, the fields are unmapped (which implies that they are private property and hence Out of Bounds), and the line of the course between the two controls was bent around the field boundary in order to indicate the short-cut was not a viable option. It isn't very clever to ignore the available information, to then take a short cut across private land, and potentially give our sport a bad name. I hope those responsible take note.
On to lighter matters...
I hope all 60-ish competitors enjoyed their morning out. We had a few glitches with some SI units giving incorrect time, and so Iím afraid we werenít able to give decent on the day results - sorry. However, thanks to Eddie making some painstaking adjustments, a full set of results is now on the web.
Thanks are also due as follows:
- To Steve Rawlings for planning some entertaining courses, despite the constraints of the area
- (again) to Eddie for preparing the maps
- To John for taking on a large chunk of control placing
- To Rae and Jen for registration
- To Pete and Martin for running the start
- To Sue for masterminding the chasing start times
- To Steve, Steve and Steve for collecting controls
- To Fallibroome School for supplying 40% of our participants, and
- To Sally, the Organiserís Mate.
See you in a couple of weeks!?
Saturday 6th Febuary - Spring series at Reddish Vale, Stockport
Saturday 20th February - Spring series at Silver Springs, Ashton-Under-Lyne
Saturday 6th March - Spring series at Gorse Hall, Ashton-Under-Lyne
Saturday 20th March - Spring series at Platt Fields & Fallowfield Campus, Fallowfield
Back to MDOC home page