Autumn Series 1 - Teggs Nose
Score event, plus White and Yellow courses.
Provisional results & splits now available ...
Sat 17th Sep 2022
Type of event: Local, Score
Type of terrain: Parkland
Info updated: 17th Sep
If you have any queries about the results, please email .
Pre Event Info
This Autumn Series event will offer the following courses:
a White course
a Yellow course
- a 45min Score event (10 points per control visited, less 5 points for every minute or part of minute late)
a 45min Technical Score event for the more experienced
On the Technical Score points are given as follows:
- You get a 10 point bonus when you visit consecutive odd or consecutive even controls. The longer the sequence the more bonuses you get.
- You can switch between odd and even as little or as many times as you like but obviously you don’t get the bonus points when you switch.
- E.g., 501, 560, 582, 596, 585, 553, 537, 543, 555, 200
- i.e., Controls 582, 596, 553, 537, 543, 555 get the bonus points
- The choice is yours, but you will need to plan your strategy
- 10 points for each control visited less 5 points for every minute or part of minute late.
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ949732
- Postcode: SK11 0AP
- Latitude: 53.25643
- Longitude: -2.07598
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A537 at the east of Macclesfield. Parking charge (meter).
Registration & Start Times
Please pre-register using the MDOC Registration System https://mdocentry.org.uk. This will guarantee a map is available for you.
Online entry closing date: Thursday 15th September
Limited EOD, subject to map availability
Registration/payment from 10:00. Start times 10:30-12:30. All courses close at 13:15.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £4.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Pay on the day. Contactless card payment preferred. Collect hire SI cards if necessary.
Yes, but please ensure dogs are kept under close control at all times due to cattle grazing.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Chris Rostron 01663 764799
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.