NW Night League Event - Dovestone
Sat 18th Jan 2014
Type of event: Local-(D), Night
Type of terrain: Moorland
Info updated: 19th Mar
Pre Event Info
Event Centre: Dovestone Sailing Club. Bar and changing facilities
Nearest town: Greenfield
- Grid Ref: SE014034
- Postcode: OL3 7NE
- Latitude: 53.52679
- Longitude: -1.98000
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking: At reservoir Car park 100m from Registration in Sailing Club. Possible car park fee.
Registration & Start Times
Register 5.30 - 7.00, Starts 6.00 - 7.15
Blue, Green, Orange
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Mainly open moorland with some tussocks on lower slopes and rocky area to the SE
Contacts / Officials
Organiser/Planner: Chris Rostron
Controller: Eddie Speak
Contact: Chris Rostron 01663 764799
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.