Spring Series 2 - Manor Park
and surrounding area
Park event with urban extension
Sat 23rd Jan 2016
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland, Urban
Info updated: 23rd Jan
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Glossop
- Grid Ref: SK039943
- Postcode: SK13 8QE
- Latitude: 53.44615
- Longitude: -1.94191
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Entrance from roundabout on A57, 0.5km east of the centre of Glossop
Registration & Start Times
Register between 10.00 and 11.00. Starts 10.30 to 11.15.
Please don’t arrive before 10.00 as the park has a 'parkrun' event at 9.00
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green within the park, plus Long Light Green course using surrounding urban area for those wanting a longer run (over 16s only)
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fee: Seniors £3 / Juniors £1.50. Free SI-dibber hire (but £30 if not returned)
On leads at all times
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Julie Brook
Planner: Grahame Crawshaw
Series Co-ordinator: Clare Griffin
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.