Spring Series 3 - Brabyns Park / Marple
and surrounding area
Park + Urban event.
Sat 10th Mar 2018
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland, Urban
Info updated: 10th Mar
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Marple
- Grid Ref: SJ963895
- Postcode: SK6 5DT
- Latitude: 53.40261
- Longitude: -2.05649
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A626 at Marple Bridge.
Registration & Start Times
Register between 10.15 and 11.45. Starts 10.30 to 12.00. Courses close 13.15
Fee: Seniors £4/ Juniors £2. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
Please don't arrive before 10.00 as the park has a "Park Run".
White, Yellow, Orange and Light Green courses, suitable for everybody, newcomers, improvers and regulars, with advice and instruction available. These courses remain entirely within the park.
Long Light Green, combining park and urban orienteering. This course is especially for those wanting a decent length run on a Saturday morning, about 6km. No under-16s allowed because of road crossings.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Contacts / Officials
Enquiries to or ring Alison on 0161 366 5175
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.