Spring Series 3 - Riverside Park
and surrounding area
Park event with urban extension.
Sat 06th Feb 2016
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland, Urban
Info updated: 06th Feb
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ916747
- Postcode: SK10 2EE
- Latitude: 53.26918
- Longitude: -2.12841
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A538 at south of Tytherington. Parking at Tytherington School, Manchester Road, Macclesfield SK10 2EE (£1 per car). Registration at the school. 600m walk to start/finish area.
Please don't park on the main road.
Registration & Start Times
Register between 10.00 and 11.00. Starts 10.30 to 11.15.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green within the park, plus Long Light Green course using surrounding urban area for those wanting a longer run (over 16s only)
White 1.3km 15m climb
Yellow 1.5km 20m climb
Orange 1.8km 35m climb
Light Green 3.7km 100m climb
Long Light Green (park + urban) 5.4km 110m climb
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fee: Seniors £3 / Juniors £1.50. Free SI-dibber hire (but £30 if not returned)
No dogs please - not permitted in the school grounds
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Paul Watson
Planner: Dave Mawdsley
Series Co-ordinator: Clare Griffin
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.