Spunch 6 - Lindow
Sixth of a series of 7 Countryside Score events using Satellite (GPS) S-punching staged on weekends over the period Oct 22 to April 23.
Sat 18th Mar 2023
Type of event: Local, Score
Info updated: 19th Mar
Many thanks to all those of you who made it along to Lindow yesterday. It was great to see so many new faces again as well as those of you becoming regulars. We hope you all enjoyed it, despite the downpours and regardless of whether you are a newbie or an old hand!
Kudos to those at the top end of the results who covered a lot of ground!
Man & Woman of the match this time go to:-
First-timer Jamie Duncan just 16yo with a great 15k run on the 90 min course to win the battle of the Duncan family!
Also First-timer Holly Moxon with a good run despite initial tech issues and coming home 9mins early!
The next Spunches will be on Sunday morning 2 April (Danebridge - including 2 hour option) and Thursday evening 27 April (near Marple Bridge). Both fantastic areas! Hope to see some of you again there.
Thanks also for supporting Cecilia & David's Spunch Munch cake stall. It raised a total of £136 which will go to the North West Juniors. Coaching is available to juniors (and grown ups) - just ask!
Any feedback welcome.
Pre Event Info
- "Rolling start" countryside score using S-punching on the MapRun smartphone or Garmin app
- 60 minute or 90 minute course options
- c.40 checkpoints scattered over an area of around 6-9sq km through woodland and interesting mixed countryside, using paths, tracks and open access areas. Plentiful route choice options. Mainly flat.
- One of a series of 7 Spunch events over the winter months. More details of the series here
- Can be done solo, in a pair or small group. Under 16s must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Results available on line immediately following the event (subject to data signal).
Please pre-enter using http://mdocentry.org.uk.
Venue: Chorley Village Hall, Knutsford Road, Alderley Edge SK9 7SH
More details later ...
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: SK9 7SH
- Latitude: 53.30778
- Longitude: -2.26488
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Start anytime between 1:30pm and 2:00pm. Pre-start registration open from 12:45pm to 1.45pm (please don't arrive at the last minute!)
Visit mdocentry.org.uk to reserve your map (when available).
Payment on the day by cash (preferred) or card.
Fees: Senior £4, Junior/student £2. Under 16s FREE (must be accompanied by an adult).
Very limited entry on day. Map can not be guaranteed for EOD.
Contacts / Officials
Enquiries to: Andy Thornton
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.