Summer Evening Event 1 - Teggs Nose
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Thu 26th Apr 2018
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland
Info updated: 08th Feb
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ949732
- Postcode: SK11 0AP
- Latitude: 53.25635
- Longitude: -2.07622
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A537 at the east of Macclesfield. Parking charge (meter). Registration in Visitor Centre.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17:30. Starts 18:00 - 19:00.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
We hope the cafe in the Visitor Centre will be staying open for us, serving hot and cold drinks, snacks and cake.
On leads in Car Park only
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.