Summer Evening Event 2 - Lyme
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Thu 26th May 2016
Type of event: District-(C)
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 30th May
A pair of black gloves were found near the Finish.
Email to claim.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Disley
- Grid Ref: SJ964823
- Postcode: SK12 2NR
- Latitude: 53.33850
- Longitude: -2.05680
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Park is signed from A6 just west of Disley village. Follow main drive 1 mile to Car Park.
Registration & Start Times
Registration: In the Timber Yard, signed from main car park.
Register from 17.30. Starts 18.00 to 19.00. Must finish by 20.00 - park gates closed.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
Dogs on leads in car park and assembly area only.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Pete Lomas
Planner: Eddie Speak
Controller: Ian Gilliver
Assistant Controller: Alan Ogden
Contact: Alison Doyle 0161 366 5175
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.