Summer Evening Event - Alderley Edge
and Champions League Event 7
Control 225 (Orange & Light Green) has been made Optional and the leg time removed
Tue 12th Jul 2022
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Woodland
Info updated: 13th Jul
Pre Event Info
Pre-registration required via https://mdocentry.org.uk.
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref: SJ860772
- Postcode: SK10 4UB
- Latitude: 53.29192
- Longitude: -2.21212
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
NT car park on B5087 Alderley Edge to Macclesfield road about 2.5km from centre of Alderley Edge. Parking charge (meter).
Registration & Start Times
Online entry closing date: 10/07/2022
Registration from 17:00. Start times 17:30-19:00. All courses close at 20:15.
Collect hire SI cards if necessary.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White - 1.3km, 40m, 14 controls
Yellow - 1.9km, 40m, 13 controls
Orange - 2.6km, 100m, 13 controls
Light Green - 3.3km, 120m, 16 controls
Very Short Green - 2.8km, 90m, 17 controls
Short Green - 3.6km, 110m, 22 controls
Green - 4.5km, 130m, 27 controls
Blue - 6.0km, 190m, 30 controls
No loose Control Descriptions but available here
Live Results here
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Pay on the day (card payment preferred)
Toilets in car park.
Yes, but please ensure dogs are kept under close control at all times.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902, enquiries to:
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.