Summer Evening Event - Alderley Edge
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers. Pre-registration required via https://mdocentry.org.uk.
Tue 13th Jul 2021
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Woodland
Info updated: 14th Jul
Pre Event Info
Entries are now open at https://mdocentry.org.uk. Entries will close at midnight on Sunday July 11th (or when the entry limit of 180 has been reached).
Contactless punching will be enabled for the course controls, but everyone must punch the START and FINISH.
Control Descriptions are here
Everyone MUST pre-register using the MDOC Registration System https://mdocentry.org.uk/ (when available)
Everyone will be allocated a specific start time
Payment is by contactless card at ‘Registration’ on the day
There is no EOD (Entry on the Day)
Everyone must read and adhere to British Orienteering's Participant Code of Conduct
MDOC Registration System brief notes
- If you have not previously registered then you need to register, so that we have Track and Trace information as well other essential details.
- You will be given a unique ID number for future use. Please remember it. (You will also get an email confirmation.)
- Then simply enter by selecting the event, choosing the course and then choosing one of the available 10min time slices.
- You will then be allocated a specific start time within that time slice which will be confirmed by email.
- We are not using start blocks.
Nick Taylor who runs the club social media pages will be taking photos at the event, around the start area and out on the course. He’s hoping to get some good photos to publicise our events on Facebook and Instagram. If you do not want photos of you to be published, please do drop us a line on .
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref: SJ860772
- Postcode: SK10 4UB
- Latitude: 53.29205
- Longitude: -2.21212
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
NT car park on B5087 Alderley Edge to Macclesfield road about 2.5km from centre of Alderley Edge. Parking charge (meter).
Registration & Start Times
Everyone must pre-register via mdocentry.org.uk. Start times 17:30-19:00. All courses close at 20:15.
Pay on the day via contactless card payment, and collect hire SI cards if necessary.
There will be no EOD.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Very Short Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Control descriptions are on the maps only.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Contactless card payments taken on the day.
Yes, but please ensure dogs are kept under close control at all times.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902, enquiries to:
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.