Summer Evening Event - Brereton Heath
and Club Championship Event 7
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Thu 20th Jun 2019
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 02nd Jul
If you were at this evening event at Brereton Heath, please help our club improve the events we put on, by filling in our Participant Satisfaction Survey via the link above. It should take no more than 8 minutes. Thank you in advance for your sharing your views!
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Holmes Chapel
- Grid Ref: SJ795654
- Postcode: CW12 4SU
- Latitude: 53.18443
- Longitude: -2.30773
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A54 Holmes Chapel to Congleton road. Parking charge (meter). Registration in Visitor Centre.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17.30. Starts 18.00 - 19.00.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Yes, but please ensure dogs are kept under close control at all times.
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.