Summer Evening Event - Lyme Park
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and experienced orienteers.
Tue 26th May 2015
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 26th May
Pre Event Info
Note: Please make every attempt to arrive early - the park gates are now closed at 8pm not 8.30pm as in previous years.
Nearest town: Disley
- Grid Ref: SJ964823
- Postcode: SK12 2NR
- Latitude: 53.33983
- Longitude: -2.05538
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Park is signed from A6 just west of Disley village. Follow main drive 1 mile to Car Park. Registration in Timber Yard.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17.30. Starts 18.00 - 19.00. Must finish by 19.45 - park gates closed at 20.00.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fee: Seniors £5 / Juniors £2. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
On leads in Car Park only
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Peter Lomas 0161 483 4332
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.