Summer Evening Event - Teggs Nose
and Champions League Event 4
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers. Limited entry on the night
Thu 21st Apr 2022
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland
Info updated: 05th May
Green course Ranking Points (or lack of). There were insufficient ranked competitors.
Anyone with a score more than 100 points away from their current score is discounted from calculating the course standard and 8 scores are required. Green failed to meet to meet this requirement.
Pre Event Info
Pre-registration required via mdocentry.org.uk.
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ949732
- Postcode: SK11 0AP
- Latitude: 53.25651
- Longitude: -2.07604
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A537 at the east of Macclesfield. Parking charge (meter).
Registration & Start Times
Online entry closing date: 19/04/2022
Registration from 17:00. Start times 17:30-19:00. All courses close at 20:15.
Pay on the day via contactless card payment, and collect hire SI cards if necessary.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Very Short Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Toilets at the visitor centre.
First Aid will be available at Registration.
Yes, but please ensure dogs are kept under close control at all times due to cattle grazing.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902, enquiries to:
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.