2016 Club Champions
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Club Championship:
Junior Men (Yellow):
- Dominic Wathey
- Jack Riley
Junior Men (Yellow):
- Lily Riley
Junior Men (Orange):
- Dominic Wathey
- Harry Buxton
- Asger Moston
Junior Men (Light Green):
- Ben Dempsey
- Jillyan Dobby (W65)
- Matthew Fellbaum (M18)
- Liam Corner (M45)
- Tom Fellbaum (M21)
- Chris Rostron (M65)
- Pete Ross (M65)
- Jane McCann (W50)
- Dave McCann (M50)
- Ian Watson (M65)
- David Wathey (M50)
There were no Junior Women in the Orange or Light Green categories this year
- Final Club Championship Results (updated 31/12/2016)
The 2016 Club Championship is being administrated by Chris Kirkham.
The full list of events to count is as follows:
|FlsF||24 Jan||AIRE||Flasby Fell, Skipton||Level C|
|ShrF||28 Feb||NOC||Sherwood Forest, East Midlands||Midlands Championships (UKOL)|
|BckH||13 Mar||DEE||Bickerton Hill, Tarporley||CompassSport Cup Heat|
|HlmF||3 Apr||LOC||Holme Fell, Coniston||LOC weekend - Long Distance|
|PlPr||15 May||PFO||Peel Park & Coppice||
Also YBT event
|Hrwh||19 Jun||SELOC||Horwich Sprint Event||Level C|
|ManU||10 Jul||MDOC||Manchester Urban||Twin Peak Day 2 (UKOL, UKUL)|
|AnsD||3 Sep||DEE||Ainsdale Dunes||Liverpool Big Weekend Day 1|
|Hrst||18 Sep||PFO||Hurstwood, Burnley||Hotpot Weekend Day 2 (UKOL)|
|NoPe||9 Oct||PFO||Nick O'Pendle||Level C|
|Trvr||13 Nov||SROC||Torver High Common||Day 2 of LOC/SROC South Lakeland Weekend (Level B, UKOL)|
|Eyam||11 Dec||DVO||Eyam Moor||Level C|
- A competitor's overall score is the sum of his/her best 6 event scores.
- A competitor's event score is 1000 + (50 * (division's mean adjusted pace - competitor's adjusted pace) / division's standard deviation). The average competitor will score 1000.
- A competitor's event score is zero, if he/she starts but does not finish.
- The Open division is open to all MDOC members competing on TD5 courses.
- Scoring is based on the competitor's pace (time/distance) adjusted for category and course length.
- Adjusted Pace = Pace * (Competitor's Speed Ratio - Competitor's Length Ratio)
- Competitor's Speed Ratio and is based on the average winning times at BOC (1997, 2001-2009) for each age group's longest course
- Competitor's Length Ratio is based on a comparison between the competitor's course length and average course length at BOC for the competitor's category. If the competitor's course is twice the length of BOF's recommendation then the length ratio is +2%. If the competitor's course is half the recommendation then the ratio is -2%. The adjustment is based on athletic records for middle distance.
Competitor's Length Ratio = 0.02 * Log(Competitor's Course Length / (BOF Course Length Ratio * Longest Course Length)) / Log(2)
- The Junior divisions are open to all junior MDOC members competing on non TD5 courses.
- There are eight Junior Divisions: JM1 (Junior Men TD1), JW1 (Junior Women TD1), JM2 (Junior Men TD2), JW2 (Junior Women TD2), JM3 (Junior Men TD3), JW3 (Junior Women TD3), JM4 (Junior Men TD4) and JW4 (Junior Women TD4).
- Anyone 16 or younger at the start of the year is a Junior.
- Scoring is based on the competitor's unadjusted pace (time/distance).
|Category||Speed Ratio||Length Ratio||Category||Speed Ratio||Length Ratio|
- The selected events are approved by the MDOC Committee, and listed on the MDOC website.
- Ideally, there will be 12 events distributed evenly over the year.
- The events should be of high quality, typically organised by MDOC or a neighbouring club.
- When a competitor runs for MDOC at a selected event, his/her performance will be automatically included in the competition.
- When a competitor runs for another club at a selected event, his/her performance will be included in the competition if Chris Kirkham has been informed.