- Club Championship Results after the third event at Simpson Ground
The MDOC Club Championship is administrated by Chris Kirkham.
The list of events to count is as follows:
|Thrs||29 Jan||DEE||Thurstaston Common||Middle distance, Level B|
|Blth||12 Feb||MDOC||Bleathwaite & Little Arrow Moor||Day 2 of Twin Peaks, Level B|
|Cmps||12 Mar||SROC||Simpson Ground||CompassSport Cup Heat|
|Crch||9 Apr||DVO||Crich Chase|
|Tggs||25 Apr||MDOC||Teggs Nose||Summer Evening event|
|HghD||6 May||LOC||High Dam||British Long champs, Level A|
|LymP||23 May||MDOC||Lyme||Summer Evening event|
|Brrt||22 Jun||MDOC||Brereton Heath||Summer Evening event|
|Aldr||13 Jul||MDOC||Alderley Edge||Summer Evening event|
|Stck||15 Oct||MDOC||Stockport Urban|
|Rshw||12 Nov||EPOC||Rishworth Moor||Level B|
|EymM||10 Dec||DVO||Eyam Moor & Bretton Clough||Level B|
- A competitor's overall score is the sum of his/her best 6 event scores.
- A competitor's event score is 1000 + (50 * (division's mean adjusted pace - competitor's adjusted pace) / division's standard deviation). The average competitor will score 1000.
- A competitor's event score is zero, if he/she starts but does not finish.
- The Open division is open to all MDOC members competing on TD5 courses.
- Scoring is based on the competitor's pace (time/distance) adjusted for category and course length.
- Adjusted Pace = Pace * (Competitor's Speed Ratio - Competitor's Length Ratio)
- Competitor's Speed Ratio and is based on the average winning times at BOC (1997, 2001-2009) for each age group's longest course
- Competitor's Length Ratio is based on a comparison between the competitor's course length and average course length at BOC for the competitor's category. If the competitor's course is twice the length of BOF's recommendation then the length ratio is +2%. If the competitor's course is half the recommendation then the ratio is -2%. The adjustment is based on athletic records for middle distance.
- Competitor's Length Ratio = 0.02 * Log(Competitor's Course Length / (BOF Course Length Ratio * Longest Course Length)) / Log(2)
- The Junior divisions are open to all junior MDOC members competing on non TD5 courses.
- There are eight Junior Divisions: JM1 (Junior Men TD1), JW1 (Junior Women TD1), JM2 (Junior Men TD2), JW2 (Junior Women TD2), JM3 (Junior Men TD3), JW3 (Junior Women TD3), JM4 (Junior Men TD4) and JW4 (Junior Women TD4).
- Anyone 16 or younger at the start of the year is a Junior.
- Scoring is based on the competitor's unadjusted pace (time/distance).
|Category||Speed Ratio||Length Ratio||Category||Speed Ratio||Length Ratio|
- The selected events are approved by the MDOC Committee, and listed on the MDOC website.
- Ideally, there will be 12 events distributed evenly over the year.
- The events should be of high quality, typically organised by MDOC or a neighbouring club.
- When a competitor runs for MDOC at a selected event, his/her performance will be automatically included in the competition.
- When a competitor runs for another club at a selected event, his/her performance will be included in the competition if Chris Kirkham has been informed.