1. What was your first experience of orienteering?
My dad took me for the first time to an event in Stockport at the age of 6.
2. What is your favourite aspect of orienteering?
My favourite aspect is working out which route to take after each point.
3. What is your favourite competition and why?
My favourite competition is the Cheshire and Merseyside schools relays as I get to compete with and against my friends at the same time and we always have a really fun time.
4. What is your favourite area to do Orienteering?
Birkenhead Park even though it is in the Deeside area. I do it in the school league and it is so flat so you can really just concentrate on your map reading.
5. What is your best / greatest orienteering achievement?
Coming 3rd in the British Schools Score Event or coming 1st in the schools league in my category two years in the row.
6. What things have you done to keep orienteering over lockdown?
I have used MapRun F to create my own courses around my local area and I have done them with my younger sister while she was on her bike. I have also done a few permanent courses in local parks.
7. What competitions do you want to do in the future?
I would really like to do the JK competition over Easter.
See other entries Categorised under: Juniors