1. What was your first experience of orienteering?
My first experience was in year 7 (last year) at the club in Fallibroome run by Ben Kyd. And my first event was at Riverside park.
2. What’s your favourite aspect of orienteering?
My favourite aspect of orienteering is how you move up difficulties in the courses so you get to challenge yourself.
3. What’s your favourite competition and why?
My favourite competition is the Cheshire and Merseyside relays because you get to compete in a team with your friends and cheer on all the other teams.
4. What’s your favourite area to do orienteering?
I think I like open park areas with fields as it’s much easier to get your bearings and focus on exactly where your going, whereas in a woodland, everything looks the same and there are less landmarks.
5. What is your greatest orienteering achievement?
Probably when I was one of the three girls in my age group to get silver at British Schools and British Schools Score for Fallibroome
6. How long have I been doing orienteering?
7. What training do I do?
Usually (without Coronavirus) I do the club on a Monday at school and the practice events at the weekend. During lockdown I have been going on runs to improve my speed.
8. How did I find out about orienteering?
My older brother goes to Fallibroome and he went to the events and my friend Catriona also introduced it to me.
See other entries Categorised under: Juniors