Manchester & District Orienteering Club presents the ...
City of Manchester Race on Sunday 4th November
supported by a double Sprint on the previous day in nearby Stockport
Manchester is the major city in Northern England, adjacent to the beautiful Peak District. Now more famous for its football, Manchester has an astounding history from Roman times through to the Industrial Revolution. Once known for its industrial cotton mills, today it has a vibrant centre with many attractions which draw in visitors from across the world, encouraged by a City Council which is well aware of their importance to the local economy.
- Saturday 3rd November 2018 - an urban 2-part Sprint on Saturday afternoon approximately 15km south of the city centre
- Sunday 4th November 2018 - the City of Manchester Race - an Urban event based on the Castlefield area in the city centre
- By air - to Manchester International Airport. Liverpool airport is also within 1 hour
- By rail – there are direct mainline connections from London and other major U.K. cities
- By road – the U.K. motorway network leads almost to the heart of the city
- Plentiful accommodation with a wide range of options
- Cultural attractions e.g. Bridgewater Hall, Whitworth Gallery, RNCM
- Museums – Lowry, Science & Industry, War Museum
- Shopping, Premier League football, theatres
- Characterful pubs, classy restaurants and a range of other dining options
- The official tourism website www.visitmanchester.com has more information
Further information soon ...
See other entries Categorised under: Featured Entry