East Cheshire Urban Weekend - Day 2, Knutsford
Part of the North West Urban League
An urban event taking in the detailed town centre and mixed residential areas.
See also Day 1 - Macclesfield West
Sun 31st Oct 2021
Type of event: Regional, Urban
Info updated: 17th Sep
Pre Event Info
This is the first time Knutsford has been used for an urban event. It has a small but complex town centre surrounded by an area of mixed residential property. including a complex modern estate providing technical orienteering in intricate alleys.
Nearest town: Knutsford
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: WA16 8PA
- Latitude: 53.30598
- Longitude: -2.35131
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Knutsford is 19m miles to the south west of Manchester. It is 3 miles from junction 19 on the M6.
Registration & Start Times
Registration will open at 10:00. Starts will be available between 10:30 and 12:30. Remember that the clocks go back one hour on the previous night.
|Abreviation||Full Category Name||Age Classes||Course number|
|MYJ||Young Junior Men 12-||M10 M12|
|WYJ||Young Junior Women 12-||W10 W12|
|MJ||Junior Men 16-||M14 M16|
|WJ||Junior Women 16-||W14 W16|
M18 M20 M21 M35
|WO||Open Women||W18 W20 W21 W35|
|MV||Veteran Men 40+||
M40 M45 M50
|WV||Veteran Women 40+||W40 W45 W50|
|MSV||Supervet Men 55+||
|WSV||Supervet Women 55+||W55 W60|
|MUV||Ultravet Men 65+||
|WUV||Ultravet Women 65+||W65 W70|
|MHV||Hypervet Men 75+||
|WHV||Hypervet Women 75+||W75+|
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Online entries will open in October
Whilst dogs are allowed on the streets we discourage taking them on a course.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Trevor Roberts
Planner: Trevor Hindle
Controller: Ian Watson
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.