Spring Series 1 - Heaton Park
If you have any queries about the results, please email .
Sat 14th Jan 2023
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland
Info updated: 14th Jan
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Heaton Park, Manchester
- Grid Ref: SD830046
- Postcode: M25 2SW
- Latitude: 53.53809
- Longitude: -2.25766
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Heaton Park, Manchester M25 2SW
Signed From Junction of Bury Old Rd and St Margaret's Road,
Pay and Display Parking, £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £3 for 3 or more hours. Pay using cash, card or PayByPhone.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green and Long Light Green courses, suitable for everybody, newcomers, improvers and regulars, with advice and instruction available.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Please pre-register using the MDOC Registration System https://mdocentry.org.uk. This will guarantee a map is available for you.
Online entry closing date: Thursday 12th January
Limited EOD, subject to map availability
Registration/payment from 10:15 to 11:45. Starts 10:30 to 12:30. All courses close at 13:15.
Fee: Seniors £4, Juniors/students £2. Free SI-dibber hire (but £30 if not returned).
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Alison Doyle
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.