Spring Series 1 - Riverside Park
and surrounding area
Park event with urban extension.
Sat 14th Jan 2017
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Parkland, Urban
Info updated: 15th Jan
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ916747
- Postcode: SK10 2EE
- Latitude: 53.26835
- Longitude: -2.13021
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A538 at south of Tytherington. Parking at Tytherington School. Registration and toilets in the Riverside Park car park (600m walk from parking)
Registration & Start Times
Register 10.15 to 11.15, Starts 10.45 to 11.30. Fee £3/1.50.
Free SI-dibber hire (but £30 if not returned)
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green within the park, plus Long Light Green course using surrounding urban area for those wanting a longer run (over 16s only)
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Contacts / Officials
Series Co-ordinator: Alison Doyle
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.