Spring Series 3 - Bramhall Park
Sat 01st Mar 2014
Type of event: Local-(D)
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 19th Mar
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Bramhall
- Grid Ref: SJ887863
- Postcode: SK7 3NX
- Latitude: 53.37391
- Longitude: -2.16686
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Entrance on Hall Road, off Bramhall Park Road.
Brown Tourist signs from Bramhall and Cheadle Hulme.
Pay and display car park.
Registration & Start Times
Register between 10.00 and 11.00. Starts 10.30 to 11.30.
White, Yellow, Orange and Light Green courses, suitable for everybody, newcomers, improvers and regulars, with advice and instruction available.
There will also be a 2-part race for those who enjoy head-to-head racing.
Prologue - run the Orange course between 10.30 and 11.15;
Final - this will use the Light Green course.
Chasing starts in reverse order (at minute intervals) between 11.30 and 11.45
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fee: Seniors £3/ Juniors £1.50. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Clare Griffin 01625 572989
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.