Spunch 4 - Rudyard & Horton
Fourth of a series of 7 Countryside Score events using Satellite (GPS) S-punching staged on weekends over the period Oct 22 to April 23.
Note: change of venue to that previously advertised.
(More details about the whole Spunch 22/23 event series can be found here.)
Sun 22nd Jan 2023
Type of event: Local, Night, Score
Info updated: 22nd Jan
Pre Event Info
Venue: Horton Village Hall, ST13 8PU, about 15k South of Macclesfield
Registration, start, finish, FREE car parking, and toilets are all at the Village Hall. There will even be tea, coffee and biscuits available after your run at a suggested donation of £1 per head for the full village hall experience!
There will be the usual 60 and 90 minute course options with a rolling start - start when you are ready anytime between 1030 and 1100.
The undulating area is something of a backwater(!) - I suspect it will be new to most of us!
With Mike Greenwood doing the planning and 64 control sites to go at, there will be plenty of route choice options to keep you entertained.
- "Rolling start" countryside score using S-punching on the MapRun smartphone or Garmin app
- 60 minute or 90 minute course options
- c.40 checkpoints scattered over an area of around 6-9sq km through woodland and interesting mixed countryside, using paths, tracks and open access areas. Plentiful route choice options. Hilly but not mountainous!
- One of a series of 7 Spunch events over the winter months. More details of the series here
- Can be done solo, in a pair or small group. Under 16s must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Results available on line immediately following the event (subject to data signal).
Please pre-enter using http://mdocentry.org.uk
Nearest town: Rudyard, Leek
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: ST13 8PU
- Latitude: 53.11538
- Longitude: -2.10023
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
"Rolling start" - start anytime between 10.30 and 11.00am. Pre-start registration open from 9.50am to 10.50am (please don't arrive at the last minute!)
Visit mdocentry.org.uk to reserve your map
Payment on the day by cash (preferred) or card.
Fees: Senior £4, Junior/student £2. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Very limited entry on day. Map can not be guaranteed for EOD.
Contacts / Officials
Enquiries to: Andy Thornton
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.