Summer Evening Event 2 - Lyme
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Thu 24th May 2018
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Moorland, Parkland, Woodland
Info updated: 28th May
Pre Event Info
Please note ...
Everyone must be out of the park by 20:00 so please ensure you have finished by 19:45.
The Start will close at 18:45. There is a 10 minute walk from Registration to the Start.
Nearest town: Disley
- Grid Ref: SJ964823
- Postcode: SK12 2NR
- Latitude: 53.33816
- Longitude: -2.05678
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Park is signed from A6 just west of Disley village. Follow main drive 1 mile to Car Park. Registration in the Timber Yard, signed from main car park.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17:30. Starts 18:00 - 18:45. Must finish by 19:45 - park gates closed at 20:00!
There is a 10 minute walk to the Start from Registration.
Courses suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers:
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibber loan (but £30 if not returned)
Yes, but under close control. Dogs must always be on a lead in and around the car park and main drive and around livestock, including the deer.
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.