Summer Evening Event 5 - Alderley Edge
A summer evening event offering courses that are suitable for novices and for experienced orienteers.
Tue 12th Jul 2016
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Woodland
Info updated: 13th Jul
A pink umbrella and a pair of red trainers were left at the event - please email to claim.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref: SJ860772
- Postcode: SK10 4UB
- Latitude: 53.29201
- Longitude: -2.21198
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
NT car park on B5087 Alderley Edge to Macclesfield road about 2.5km from centre of Alderley Edge. Parking meter.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 17.30. Starts 18.00 - 19.00.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £5.00 seniors and £2.00 juniors. Free SI-dibbers (but £30 if not returned)
On leads in Car Park only
Contacts / Officials
Contact: Alison Doyle 0161 366 5175
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.