Summer Evening Event - Alderley Edge
Tue 15th Jul 2014
Type of event: District-(C)
Type of terrain: Woodland
Info updated: 17th Mar
Organiser's Comments and Lost Property
- Apologies for map problems - availability and quality issues.
- Thanks to those agreeing to recycle their map. You should have ended up with a map, but contact me (Tony Wagg) if not.
- We have gained a description sheet holder. Any claimants?
- Thanks for coming.
Tony Wagg, 0161 445 0902
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Alderley Edge
- Grid Ref: SJ860772
- Postcode: SK10 4UB
- Latitude: 53.29200
- Longitude: -2.21232
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
NT Car Park on B5087, Alderley Edge to Macclesfield road, about 2.5 km from centre of Macclesfield. Parking charge.
Registration & Start Times
Register from 5.30pm. Starts 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: Senior £5, Junior/student £2
Dogs on leads in car park only. No dogs on courses.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Tony Wagg
Planners: Jillyan Dobby & Peter Ross
Controller: Steve Fellbaum
Contact: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.