Summer Evening Event - Macclesfield Forest
Tue 15th Apr 2014
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Forest
Info updated: 19th Mar
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Macclesfield
- Grid Ref: SJ960711
- Postcode: SK11 0NE
- Latitude: 53.23767
- Longitude: -2.06219
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Signed from A523 1 km south of Macclesfield Town Centre. Then 5km via Langley.
Registration: at the Forest Office
Registration & Start Times
Register from 5.30pm. Starts 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Short Green, Green, Blue
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: Senior £5, Junior/student £2
Dogs on leads in car park only. No dogs on courses.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Jan Ellis
Planner: Steve Fellbaum
Controller: Dave Mawdsley
Contact: Tony Wagg 0161 445 0902
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.